Le 10/05/11 00:22, Peter Teeson a écrit :

Hi Peter,

Out of curiosity how many Mac developers?

I wouldn't consider myself a Mac developer yet, more of a fiddler. I've
only just started to learn C++ (or at least am trying), but I do like to
do the builds, if only out of personal interest, especially all the
extras and stuff that doesn't come with a stock build. I have some
longstanding itches that I want to scratch, and thus the only way for me
to do that (other than pay someone) is to dig into the code.

Are they all using command line hacking?

I certainly am at the moment, using Smultron as a text editor to edit
the code.

Now I'm 73 and there is no way I want to go back to that way of development.
For me the Xcode IDE has been very productive for the past many years.

I can understand the desire for comfort that comes with an Aqua
environment like XCode and its associated graphical tools.

Precisely. So maybe the time is now to start up an Xcode IDE version.
If there is support for that I would consider helping.

Personally, I would be interested in being able to use XCode to build,
debug, play around, etc, with the code. Just my own 2c. Like I said, I'm
not a developer as such (lawyer actually) - its a (variably rare) spare
time hobby for me.

Alex