Hi Michael,

Michael Meeks wrote (06-05-11 10:27)
On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 10:02 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
Running beta3 from the command line, after some time the output shows

        Ooh :-) great question.

XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
        on X server "0�   "
        after 60 requests (56 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

        So - that is odd; I would expect the app to exit at this point and try
to save documents.

Nothing special that I notice with the app.

        In a nutshell it looks like your X server died at that point (but that
is presumably nonsense ?).

Hmmm, afther the output, the command line is freed and I can use other commands. Running the same command to start beta3 again, activates the already running process of LibreOffice.

It this something I should just ignore, or that deserves further
investigating.

        Further investigation is important; is there a bug # ? does it exit
after printing that (I would expect it), can you:

        export SAL_SYNCHRONIZE=1
        gdb --args ./soffice.bin # and any args you like
        b _exit
        b exit
        run

        and when it fails - do:

        thread apply all backtrace

        and attach that to the bug ? :-) hopefully that'll get us closer to
understanding what is going on.

Thanks. Something I should be able to handle ;-)

Running with gdb however, does not lead to the output this problem is about.

What I do see, all the time, is lines such as

  [Thread 0xb2e09b70 (LWP 2076) exited]
  [New Thread 0xb2e09b70 (LWP 2200)]
  [Thread 0xae49fb70 (LWP 2077) exited]
  [Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2078) exited]
  [New Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2201)]
  [Thread 0xb2e09b70 (LWP 2200) exited]
  [Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2201) exited]
  [New Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2277)]
  [Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2277) exited]

Hmm, that's all.

(And I got two freezes with other actions, that strange enough did not give problems when running without gdb).

Anything I can do more for this?

Best,

Cor

--