On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 03:43:27PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 15:34 +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
The output is almost unreadable: it seems LO constantly runs poll() and
gettimeofday().

      That would be interacting with the X server ;-) try not to use the
mouse when tracing eg.

It's doing it even if I don't touch anything; it must be one of the issues
draining battery life on laptops...

LibO tries to access() the new file name 6 times: 3 without '.ods' and 3 with
it.

      Well; the trace around where that filename is accessed is going to be
where it fails I guess; you are certain that the save location is
write-able ? :-) does it give you an error dialog ? or a silent
failure ?

The location is writeable, I have no problem saving .fods files in this
directory.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I also get many error messages like this
when I open an existing document:

Error: File
/home/ftigeot/Projects/LibreOffice/bootstrap/clone/filters/filter/source/config/cache/filtercache.cxx,
 Line 1706: Fallback scenario for filter or type 'writer8' and locale 'en' failed. Please check
your filter configuration.

--
Francois Tigeot