At 10:51am -0500 Mon, 07 Mar 2011, Francois Tigeot wrote:
Well, I was also thinking about a printf-like solution. I just hoped
to not have to rebuild a binary, it takes almost two hours and a
half...

That's just it: you don't have to rebuild the whole of LO. By using 'make dev-install', you can just build the module with which you're working. Depending on how fundamental the change, you can be up and running within 20 seconds of saving a file. That's the build step. From my earlier email:

$ . LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh
$ cd sc      # in this case, I'm working on the sc module
$ build  debug=true  dbglevel=2

For a simple change in a file not referenced by other source files, that build command might take 20 seconds. Then just rerun the program and you'll see your changes enacted. No need to rebuild everything.

Does that help?

Kevin