On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 14:44 +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out the autogen.sh stuff and make it use the
correct paths for libraries; one of the errors I got is really freaking
me out:

        :-)

Why would LO need to build it own version of Mozilla/Seamonkey !?
And why such an old version; it must be full of security holes by now...

        The first line of */prj/build.lst lists dependencies for a module:

$ grep  MOZ:moz */prj/build.lst
connectivity/prj/build.lst:cn  connectivity    :    shell  l10n comphelper MOZ:moz svl
UNIXODBC:unixODBC unoil javaunohelper HSQLDB:hsqldb qadevOOo officecfg NSS:nss NULL
libxmlsec/prj/build.lst:ls  libxmlsec   : stlport soltools LIBXML2:libxml2 MOZ:moz NULL
xmlsecurity/prj/build.lst:xs    xmlsecurity     :    l10n xmloff unotools offapi unoil svx MOZ:moz
LIBXMLSEC:libxmlsec NSS:nss NULL

        Which in laymans terms means - we use it for connectivity (moz
adressbook I guess), and xml security foo - AFAIR the cert management
stuff in moz really needs pushing down to NSS, or splitting out.

        Clearly, we could take a big knife to Mozilla to pare out the vast
majority of it that we do not need, and keep those two - it would be
even more wonderful to get that split out up-stream.

        Could you help hack on that ?

        ATB,

                Michael.