On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:26:54AM +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
- I have to single-click on the INSRT and STD->EXT->ADD->BLK and
  language selection thingies, but to double-click on the Page 1/1 and
  "Default" for something to happen. I just found out by coincidence
  today that I can launch some action for the latter.

- Despite being a heavy writer user, I have no clue what EXT/ADD/BLK
  mean, or what they are being used for (so I never use it). They have
  no tooltip whatsoever to give me a clue either. The toolbar help
  button unfortunately launches the generic help, rather then the more
  useful "what's this". In a "what's this" mode, I do see a tooltip help
  (why not always????), saying this is about the selection mode. What
  the selection mode EXTEND, ADD, or BLOCK are, I have still no clue
  about. Perhaps a right-click on that thing could offer to open a more
  elaborate help page? (keep the tooltip always in any case).

EXT extends the current selection to the new position of cursor (really
    nice for selecting long chunks of text)

ADD is for creating multiselections

BLK selects (roughly) rectangular blocks (is this useful for anything?)

D.