On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:22:36 +0100, Regina Henschel wrote:
Sebastian Spaeth schrieb:
Am I the only one finding the current status bar pretty much useless?
Yes ;)

OK, let me be more precise "has improvement potential in its current form" :)

To learn more about the status bar have a look at
http://www.ooowiki.de/StatusLeiste. It is in German and needs an update,
but the text shows, that the status bar is a great tool.

This is a great document.... BUT (:-))... the need to write as the first
sentence on each item whether it requires a single or a double-click
already shows that the status bar items can be improved.

The help text on that page is great, eg. BLK is described really
nicely. My English within-LO help page say on BLK: "A block of text can
be selected." ahh, mmh, ohh,...right. WUT?

And the item has no tooltip at all by default.

If you need to point me to a 3rd party wiki page in German to explain me
how selection modes work mean that *we* (as in LO) didn't do a good
job. (which I exaggerate to 'useless')

To get all the nice extended tips, I have added the button "Extended
Tips" (German "Aktive Hilfe") (category "Application") to the symbol
bar, so that I can switch it easily on and off.

Ahh, that is a nice one. Unfortunately, I cannot assign an icon to it,
so it is displayed as a very wide text. Thanks.

Sebastian