On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 17:37 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Christian Lohmaier wrote:
The question was more targeted with regard to (automatically) creating
a download page - first iteration
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/home/download-and-sub/ - modeled after

        Oh - cool :-) Which reminds me - it should be (fairly) easy to detect
the client's platform - on the client in javascript:

        http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html

        The latter part of that - the 'dataOS' piece - should provide some good
inspiration to at least auto-select the right value for the combo-box
(?).

        We can presumably do the same for the language combo with something
like:

        var userLang = (navigator.language) ? navigator.language :
navigator.userLanguage;

        So - hopefully the user doesn't have to do any thinking :-)

        Personally, I'd love to see a big / bold download button somewhere:
that takes advantage of that auto-detection,

        Anyhow - it's great to see people looking at improving this: nice
work :-)

        Thanks,

                Michael.