Hi Christian,

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 16:07 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
It would be nice to have some point of documentation that lists the
included languages, otherwise people have no chance to tell whether
"multi" (that already is huuuge) is enough, or whether they need the
all varian (which is even larger).

        Right - it would suck to have to download two of these :-)

I'm sure there are requests already for a basic installer that would
fetch the optional parts from the web during installation.
(languagepacks (including help) for Linux/Mac are about 12 to 20MB.
That would give me a better feeling than downloading 300MB and not
having help...  (140 (english with help) +20 - just half the size)

        Sure - I appreciate it is big; on the other hand - it is all inclusive,
and we have a -lot- of low hanging fruit to shrink that size - in the
last days alone we've shrunk many megabytes from that in master (at
least); and I think we're on track for reducing the size of the
installer to the point that no-one really cares anymore. Perhaps we can
back-push some of that to libreoffice-3-3

        HTH,

                Michael.