Hi there,

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 10:22 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
this is a list of 412 icons that are in the tango theme, but not in the
default_images theme. Some of the are obvious High contrast icons that
can be killed.

        Right.

 But what about others? Should I delete those? (I kept the
.xcb.bz2 and .svg as source files in the tango theme). See the full list
of files below. Permission to kill, or should they be examined in more
detail first?

        I suggest we do md5sums on them all; if we have a copy of that icon
already elsewhere - lets just remove it. Hopefully that will shrink the
list, then we need to examine the last bits.

        Sometimes icon names just change at random up-stream, and we do not
keep up. Also, if you consider each icon pair as around three hours of
work - you are not too far off - so loosing them is really bad :-)

(On the other hand we have 3766 files more in default_images than we
have in the tango theme.)

        Ah - sure; but the 'real' tango theme is in fact a stack of the tango
icons + industrial icons with the default icons as a fallback.

        It would (perhaps) - since we no longer ship industrial, to flatten
that into tango [ ensuring that tango takes precedence ], and then to
remove the 'industrial' directory from artwork/ entirely.

        HTH,

                Michael.