Hi there,

On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 18:20 -0700, LeMoyne wrote:
This is a bit different than the editor crash but I am experiencing this
sudden exit in a fresh build.

        :-)

3) Exits with result in terminal::
/home/ ... /program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /home/ ...
/program/../basis-link/program/libpyuno.so: undefined symbol:
PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode

        Nasty - some sort of python conflict;

Tried debugging steps from Caolan above using gdb
and I got the unhelpful (?) result:
/home/jlcastle/LibOdev/currant/rawbuild/install/program/soffice.bin: symbol
lookup error:
/home/jlcastle/LibOdev/currant/rawbuild/install/program/../basis-link/program/libpyuno.so:
undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode

        Ok - so this should not be a fatal error ...

Program exited with code 0177.

        Can you do this:

break _exit
break exit

        and re-run - and get a trace from the exit call ? :-)

Maybe an old version has been rolled back into the dev master?

        It looks like some conflict between system and internal python - I
guess you built one, and not the other - perhaps you re-configured
between the ways, and have stale python libraries in your solver - I had
an easy-hack to hack build.pl to avoid that :-) but ...

        Thanks for the report :-)

                Michael.