This is a bit different than the editor crash but I am experiencing this
sudden exit in a fresh build.
I pulled the code 4x today getting around a ure=%productnameversion
packaging error in the build.
Before build I did rm -f ./unxlngi.pro in desktop/

Steps:
1) soffice -writer  (no gdb)
2) Choose Tools->Macros->Run
3) Exits with result in terminal::
/home/ ... /program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /home/ ...
/program/../basis-link/program/libpyuno.so: undefined symbol:
PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode

Tried debugging steps from Caolan above using gdb
and I got the unhelpful (?) result:
Starting program:
/home/jlcastle/LibOdev/currant/rawbuild/install/program/soffice.bin -writer
[New Thread 0xb726eb70 (LWP 8093)]
[New Thread 0xb4cc7b70 (LWP 8095)]
[New Thread 0xb44c6b70 (LWP 8096)]
[New Thread 0xb3bd5b70 (LWP 8097)]
[New Thread 0xb2fd6b70 (LWP 8098)]
[Thread 0xb4cc7b70 (LWP 8095) exited]
[New Thread 0xb4cc7b70 (LWP 8103)]
[Thread 0xb4cc7b70 (LWP 8103) exited]
[New Thread 0xb4cc7b70 (LWP 8104)]
[New Thread 0xb2387b70 (LWP 8105)]
[Thread 0xb2387b70 (LWP 8105) exited]
[Thread 0xb4cc7b70 (LWP 8104) exited]
[New Thread 0xaf5e9b70 (LWP 8106)]
[New Thread 0xaf568b70 (LWP 8107)]
[New Thread 0xaf517b70 (LWP 8108)]
[New Thread 0xaf4c6b70 (LWP 8109)]
[New Thread 0xaf475b70 (LWP 8110)]
[New Thread 0xaf3f4b70 (LWP 8111)]
[New Thread 0xaf3a3b70 (LWP 8112)]
[New Thread 0xaf2c7b70 (LWP 8113)]
/home/jlcastle/LibOdev/currant/rawbuild/install/program/soffice.bin: symbol
lookup error:
/home/jlcastle/LibOdev/currant/rawbuild/install/program/../basis-link/program/libpyuno.so:
undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode
[Thread 0xaf3a3b70 (LWP 8112) exited]
[Thread 0xaf2c7b70 (LWP 8113) exited]
[Thread 0xaf3f4b70 (LWP 8111) exited]
[Thread 0xaf475b70 (LWP 8110) exited]
[Thread 0xaf4c6b70 (LWP 8109) exited]
[Thread 0xaf517b70 (LWP 8108) exited]
[Thread 0xaf568b70 (LWP 8107) exited]
[Thread 0xaf5e9b70 (LWP 8106) exited]
[Thread 0xb2fd6b70 (LWP 8098) exited]
[Thread 0xb3bd5b70 (LWP 8097) exited]
[Thread 0xb44c6b70 (LWP 8096) exited]
[Thread 0xb726eb70 (LWP 8093) exited]

Program exited with code 0177.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)

If it would be more helpful, please reply as to which parts need debug=true
and I will re-make and test this while I try to create my first few patches
over the next few days...
It is to laugh: I just added a note to fd#30853 earlier today that the Basic
IDE was not crashing for me anymore.
Note that I did not choose a specific macro - I just chose Run on
Tools->Macro menu.  I saw the "/libpyuno.so: undefined symbol:
PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode" part last week but could not re-create it at that
time, probably because I was trying to Macros->Organize->Basic->Edit not
just Macros->Run.  After saving the new document with a macro in it, the
crash still occurs when I choose Tools->Macros->Run on an existing doc.
Maybe an old version has been rolled back into the dev master?

LeMoyne