[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2020-Jun-24
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2020-Jun-24
- From: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 20:42:23 +0200
- To: LibO Dev <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibO QA <email@example.com>, LibO Design <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibO Project <email@example.com>
Present: Roman, Heiko
Comments from: Regina, Thomas, Stuart, Telesto
* PARAGRAPH DIALOG: Add a "Spacing" property to "Fill Character"
(Paragraph Style > Tabs)
+ one character only (Regina)
+ word can do only none, dot, dash, solid and without any style (Regina)
+ introducing a spacing between filling character option means requires ODF
definition first; and a lot of effort for an easy to work around feature
* "Safe mode" is meaningless for most end-users
+ Rename the command label, eg "Repair/fix user profile/%PRODUCTNAME"
+ Keep "Safe mode" (Thomas, Telesto)
+ Good command names consists of action and target, resp. Verb object
like "Exit Application", "Save Document", "Start in Safe/Repair Mode"
+ Rather than "Safe mode" rename the dialog *and* the Help menu entry?
+ "User Profile..." menu entry, with restart warning (Stuart)
+ "safemode" is a command line switch and known terminology; and "user profile"
is not an exact match with what the dialog does (Telesto)
* UI: Make it more difficult to accidentally enable "track changes" feature
+ remove shift+ctrl+C shortcut (Thomas, Heiko, Roman)
=> do it
* Words whose characters span multiple languages should not undergo spell checking
+ rather have an option "Use apostrophe as word separator for spellchecking"
=> needs input from l10n and dev; no blocker from UX-POV
* Enhancement: Change tab names in "Page Style" dialog
+ Page -> Page Layout, Area -> Background (would be required on similar dialogs too)
+ quite some work, what to prioritize: precision, short labels, effort?
+ Background is more clear than Area (Roman)
+ Changing means also Shape > Area (context menu) to be Shape > Background;
Character style uses Highlighting for area fill style - so we end up with three
terms for one function
+ Transparency is a bit too much to change (Roman)
+ keep overflow due to long labels in mind
=> tend to WF (Heiko), change carefully (Roman) => comment respectively
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-JUN-24 (WED)
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-JUL-02 (THU)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-JUN-24 (WED)
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-JUL-02 (THU)