[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Jan-09
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Jan-09
- From: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 20:57:41 +0100
- To: LibO Design <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: LibO Project <email@example.com>
Present: Kompilainenn, Cor, Heiko
* File>New>Templates... is NOT the same as New > FROM Templates (wording issue)
+ change wording to New > "From Template..."? (1x +1, 1x -1)
+ remove Templates from New (Heiko)
+ go with Manage Templates as it is under Files > Templates
+ keep the current text (Stuart, Cor)
* View -> Master Slide vs Slide -> Master Slide... in Impress (wording)
+ change to "Select/Change Slide Design" or "Slide Design..."?
+ "Select Master Slide" or "Change Slide Design"
+ "Change Slide Master" (accepted)
+ dialog title ideally "Available Master Slides" (and keep section title "Select a...")
+ Load opens dialog "Load Slide Design" which should become "Load Master Slide"
=> go ahead
* FontWork should be available in Navigator
+ treat it as a "shape"?
=> go with shape-like object(s) (and have it
* Notebook bar, tabbed UI, Empty group with dropdown menu for Review tab in Writer with German UI
+ WF/WFM (Andreas)
+ no dropdown with English localization, so a bug?
=> whitespace is a design descision, rest could be a bug (NEEDINFO)
* Dialog window to promote "Shift+F5" shortcut
+ dialog, (baloon) hint/tooltip, dialog, or tip-of-the-day
+ option in T>O>W>G to enable/disable the function
+ or just WFM
+ no extra dialog, maybe just add a note to the help (Cor)
=> WFM (and fwd to docu)
* spell checking --> return text cursor and view to starting point of check
+ works as exepcted (Stuart) (verified on macOS and Linux)
=> INVALID (maybe an option?)
* Find & Replace dialog could save search history on closing of the application
+ store in user profile (Stuart, c4)
=> save the last ~20 searches; consider an option to switch it off
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Marketing Conference Call
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Redesign the Language selection UI.
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Marketing Conference Call
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Jan-17 (Thu)