Re: [libreoffice-design] Topic for design team to investigate: Content hosting consolidation on ask.libreoffice.org

As a user of libreoffice interested in searching for an available
extension, the logical place to look is libreoffice.org. While
ask.libreoffice.org may be easy for contributors to upload and discuss
extensions, it is a nightmare to navigate for someone simply trying to
find available extensions, and I seriously doubt it can be configured in
such a way as to make the search pleasant.

The only way, architecturally, that I see ask.libreoffice.org being able to
play a role in an extension repository, is if the uploaded extensions were
stored to a remotely queriable database for access by a separate front end
at libreoffice.org. In fact, it would be really great if the
ask.libreoffice.org message board could also be embedded in this front end,
to make for a seamless UX.