On 10/12/18 8:05 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

site is already capable to host templates, and allows some of the things missing on the current
extension site.

Until/unless the search function on ask.libreoffice is fixed, migrating
there is going to ensure that absolutely, positively ensure that nobody
will ever find the extension that they are looking for. (What on earth
does setting up margins in Write have to do with Impress templates? Yet
that was the first response to my search for Impress templates.)

But IMHO we should also look into what can be done with AskBot starting with evaluating template
hosting. Evaluating means just that: to learn what is possible.

a) Can you describe any existing template with enough specificity that
somebody who is unfamiliar with ask.libreoffice will see the template,
as the first hit, when they search for it?

b) Are there enough _active_ moderators, so that the inevitable spam
being presented as templates, get culled often enough so as to not
pollute and render ask.libreoffice completely useless across the board?

Now wondering if those so-called templates that were nothing more than
the name of stores in small towns across the US, have been removed.

jonathon