Hi Kendy,
Sorry for replying so very late, I had some problems with compilation.
I'm really digging the bigger previews -- thanks for all your work! :)

My niggles are now purely minuscule and I guess largely subjective. (I'd
still prefer #f9f9f9 for the background of the document area, a 16px font
size for the button labels, and showing the first sentence of the welcome
message in bigger, bolder letters, as seen at
http://ubuntuone.com/0bhbyPRVt8hChFsZ64HBfO.)

However, I'd still like to ask for a few things (hope I'm not being too
brash here):
* Please refresh the list of thumbnails right after clicking "File" ->
"Recent Documents" -> "Clear List" -- it's not immediately clear that the
list was cleared. (It would also be great if you could add the "Clear List"
button right under the "File" menu, perhaps rename it to "Clear Recent
Files", for easier discoverability.)
* Please make it clear visually that "Create" is a label and not a button.
If you don't want to differentiate using font size and weight, you can add
icons for Open and Templates (those are part of
http://ubuntuone.com/0bhbyPRVt8hChFsZ64HBfO, might be somewhere in the icon
set as well).
* Please show the tooltip over the thumbnail label.

As for the border around module icons, would it be possible to a) use a
different aspect ratio for presentations, b) use a dotted outline instead
of a full one, to differentiate previews and non-previews?