Re: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice website design proposal from DrupalDevTeam

2010/11/22 Ivan M. <ivanm@patentpending.co.nz>

> Hi Carlos,
>
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Carlos Jenkins <hastciberneo@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > What can absolutely be improved:
> >
> > 1. The LibO logo used is the base logo not the "contemporary" one, with
> is
> > prettier, I hasn't able to find the SVG of that one so is had to use the
> > base logo.
>
> You can find the SVG at:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice-Initial-Artwork-Logo.svg
>
> Please note that you will need to open this in Inkscape to get all the
> variants to show.

Off course :) I didn't know it was updated... I'll put it on the issue
queue.

> AFAIK, the main focus of the Drupal group is to implement a functional
> instance that will be able to replace the Silverstripe install - the
> design can be discussed here in due course. I don't think we've
> finalised the initial 3.3 branding, let alone started to develop a
> detailed roadmap for community branding. There are lots of discussions
> we need to have here on the design list before we even begin to think
> about a theme for the Drupal instance.

I would replace AFAIK to IMHO :P We're not an enterprise nor we have a boss
that tell us what is our work :) I'm a volunteer remember. Our goal is to
deliver the best website possible for LibreOffice and the Document
Foundation, which includes a lot of things, not just something purely
functional, it's a visual thing, it's an experience, and also, yes, it's
something functional.

"[...] before we even begin to think about a theme for the Drupal instance."
That's sad :( Because if this were a bug report, the status would be
"blocker" (sometimes called "stopper"), that means, we can't continue our
work without resolving this. As Michael Wheatland stated, the design is
fundamental is order to build the Drupal site and that's why we started
working on this first.

2010/11/22 Michael Wheatland <michael@wheatland.com.au>

> To pose a question directly to what you are implying: Is it ok if we
> progress with the Drupal site with the aforementioned theme, which can
> be modified later as we are approaching the launch early next year?

+1 I do have the same question :)

Kind regards

Note: BTW No one commented on the design :'(

--
http://www.cjenkins.net/
http://csl-tec.softwarelibrecr.org/