Re: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice website design proposal from DrupalDevTeam

Hi Carlos,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Carlos Jenkins <hastciberneo@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> What can absolutely be improved:
>
> 1. The LibO logo used is the base logo not the "contemporary" one, with is
> prettier, I hasn't able to find the SVG of that one so is had to use the
> base logo.

You can find the SVG at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice-Initial-Artwork-Logo.svg

Please note that you will need to open this in Inkscape to get all the
variants to show.

> 2. As stated on (1), the logos on the frontpage blocks follows the same
> graphic style, so, those can be improved.
> 3. Margins of the general document, line height and font size for better
> readability.
>
> So, I'm kindly asking for all the members of these team to review, comment
> and improve this design. When considered final, with pleasure I could
> implement this as a Drupal theme.

I think it's far too early to be having this discussion. The
silverstripe site is still under construction and you're already
hinting at a final design for the Drupal site - my head's spinning.

AFAIK, the main focus of the Drupal group is to implement a functional
instance that will be able to replace the Silverstripe install - the
design can be discussed here in due course. I don't think we've
finalised the initial 3.3 branding, let alone started to develop a
detailed roadmap for community branding. There are lots of discussions
we need to have here on the design list before we even begin to think
about a theme for the Drupal instance.

Regards,
Ivan.