I would suggest to concentrate on the requested benefit for LibreOffice users first and why this
measure is  being proposed to train some perspective.
In your example you propose by some percentage will inadvertently select to opt in to the anonymous
non mandatory data collection. And some amount of non personally identifiable user metrics will be
collected and processed to improve the LibreOffice user experience.
Okay, that's a distinct possibility, people do make mistakes. However at which point does that
situation detract from the benefit to TDF of having this anonymous metrics and the people who
genuinely wish to improve the LibreOffice user experience by legitimately allowing anonymous
metrics to be collected?
PolyPoly is a cooperative as explained in the meeting with their source code being dual licensed.
What is your specific 'fear' of what will be collected for this group of people that mistakenly opt
into this process? Do you have concerns that PolyPoly have nefarious motives and and will work
against TDF and release purposely or sell metrics on open source Office office usage?
If you do believe this then what in your opinion is the better way to proceed to gain these
valuable insights? At the moment your posts do little more than scaremongering and you make
assertions that TDF proposing this as a revenue stream which from everything that has been
explained is patently incorrect.
John

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 at 11:56 pm, Eyal Rozenberg<eyalroz1@gmx.com> wrote:   On 14/07/2022 0:44,