Hi Regina, all,

Regina Henschel wrote on 09-04-18 15:24:

Cor Nouws schrieb am 08.04.2018 um 17:55:
I have no reason (so far) to choose for one or another. But I do have
related questions:
- Will it be easy (context menu?) to change the layer of an object?
- Will Paste-Special offer the choice of the layer?

The question was only about the default behavior of pasting. But I have

I (still) have no preference for the default behaviour.
And when changing the layer of an object is easy, the question becomes
even less relevant. Hence my question, if changing layer via e.g.
context menu, is planned ;)

talked with Armin about such features as "Mark some objects and send
them to a specific layer". That would be indeed a nice feature besides
that what will be possible, if switching from layer tab bar to Navigator.

Nice.

We need advise, what should happen, if an object is copy&pasted into a
different page of the same document. In the end of the project it will
be possible, that pages of a document may have different layer-sets.
Similar problem isĀ  pasting into a different document. Possible actions
e.g.

And the behaviour could be different for the original and the new
document..?

The content of the clipboard is always the same, because the source
document does not know, what the user will do with the clipboard
content. The target document decides what it takes from the clipboard.

But the clipboard does show, if the content is from the active document
or another one. So the default behaviour with pasting of a copied/cut
shape, could be different in the original and in another document, right?
Anyway, the wording above - 'Similar problem is  pasting into a
different document.' - gave me the impression that you was considering
that. But I may have understood that wrong.

Regards - Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org