How about a dragonfly holding onto our current LO icon[s]?

It will combine the current icons we currently have with a new logo icon.

On 04/04/2017 06:00 AM, Heiko Tietze wrote:
Great idea! Easy to name, broad associations, and beautiful artwork
including tatoos (for those who really love the product) and sticker
pins. Unfortunately there is http://www.dragonflybsd.org/images/
(never heard before). Challenge for designer to make it look
different?

Hi all,
what do you think about a dragonfly (odonata) [1], [2]. Carl von Linné
called it: "Libellula" and so we get to "LibO".

It is an animal which we can find all over the world (except Antarctica).

"They are fast, agile fliers, sometimes migrating across oceans [...] They
are symbols of courage, strength, and happines [...]". [1]

"Dragonflies are strong fliers with fairly robust bodies" [2]
"Dragonflies are powerful and agile fliers, capable of migrating across
oceans, moving in any direction, and changing direction suddenly. In flight,
the adult dragonfly can propel itself in six directions: upward, downward,
forward, back, to left and to right.
[...] The wings are powered directly, with the flight muscles attached to
the wing bases. Dragonflies have a high power/weight ratio, and have been
documented accelerating at 4 G linearly and 9 G in sharp turns while
pursuing prey.["

They are beautiful with many different colours.
They are grown up from larvae (OOO).
They are predators (@Cor).

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonfly
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odonata