Hi Heiko,

Heiko Tietze schrieb:
On Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2016 17:03:33 CEST Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi all,

I thing, there is some lack of understanding about the features.
Therefore I have attached an example document. (I don't know whether the
list allows attachments, but at least Heiko should get it.)

I added your comment to the GDoc and made the file accessible from there.

What you discuss about the z-order is exactly how Inkscape work: the first layer in the list is the topmost. And it should be the same for Draw. Access to any object, layer, group or object is done similarly via the
navigator in order to simplify the workflow and clean the UI. It mixes tab and z-order intentionally.
Changing the access to these features would also fix the issues, hopefully.

It seems, I was not clear enough. In ODF the z-order is _completely different_ from the layer.

Neither the z-order nor the navigation-order has any connection to the layers. All three are independent properties. ODF is very explicit about it, "Layers group drawing objects. Assigning a shape to a layer does not change its rendering order as defined by its draw:z-index attribute. 19.231" in [1] section 10.2.2.

I have attached a drawing, which hopefully makes clearer, why you cannot put all together into the Navigator.

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1415796_253892949

Kind regards
Regina