On Thu, 2015-01-29 at 15:24 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Caolán, *,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 10:20 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 01/19/2015 11:03 AM, Sophie wrote:

What I want to do is tp commit to the translations git repo and forget about it. Does that
work ?

Nope, as on the next export from pootle those changes will be overridden again.

The changes need to be done in pootle. (not necessarily via web-UI,
that would be tedious, but the change needs to be reflected in pootle
to "stick").

But as some languages use offline translation, even doing the change
in pootle might be undone when teams just upload their local copy
again without bothering to check for updates that were done in pootle.

So IMO there's the root of the problem. Lets say a developer does want
to make LibreOffice comply with the GNOME HIG and stick full colons at
the end of every label that is a label for another widget and is willing
to fix all the translations at the same time then he can't really do it.
So there really needs to be some way for developers to mass change
translations themselves, and ideally a trivial way.

I think we should not worry too much about the offline "upload and
overwrite" style case. There's no helping that :-)

C.