Hi Kendy,
Le 26/01/2015 16:40, Jan Holesovsky a écrit :
Hi Sophie,

Sophie píše v Po 26. 01. 2015 v 16:19 +0100:

Pootle will show you a modified string, even if it doesn't affect your
translation you will have to validate the string again to have it on a
translated state. Also we don't all work on Pootle, several of us are
working off line and Pootle is only a repository for our files.

But the offline files are taken from Pootle too - right?  So if fixes
are done at the time of uploading to Pootle, everybody gets them -
correct?

yes, I'll have a meeting with Dwayne (Pootle developer) during Fosdem
and will discuss with him about that.

That's why we were thinking of a en_US version as a real language and
different from the sources and

But at some stage this will have to apply to the sources - and at that
time, it will be even worse than now :-(  I'm afraid having en_US as a
separate language will make the situation worse, not better.

Yes, I'm not sure either

 also about scripting changes when
possible (like the substitution of ~ by _)

Sure - so I think this was something that could have been automatized
with a trivial script; when this was noticed for the first time, please?
Pity that it was not brought to the ESC as a problem...

It was brought on the dev list, but when the l10n team discovered it, it
was too late. Cloph has already scripted several changes, but he can't
do it all.

Translators are for most of them non technical people and will not see a
commit, but only the result on Pootle, sometimes months later.

The "months later" is the problem, not the non-technicality :-)  It is
enough to send "something happened yesterday - please check what's up";
similarly to how people are checking the daily builds.

that will be possible now that some of us are translating on master

Also - should we have a 'Localization' recurring topic in the ESC?  Who
would be the right representative there, please?

Maybe not as a recurring topic, but something that should be in mind of
UX team and developers when they commit or check for commits that have a
huge impact on l10n.

Well - if it's not recurring, it's easy to forget ;-)  Also I think it
will be more effective to discuss this there - are you able to join this
Thursday?

Thanks for the invitation and yes, let me know the time and I'll join.

Cheers
Sophie

Tel:+33683901545
Co-founder - Release coordinator