Le 22.12.2014 15:02, Jean-Francois Nifenecker a écrit :
Hello Charles & all,

Le 22/12/2014 14:31, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :

True and it is dangerous since it could show some spontaneity and
community involvement. We surely do not want that ;-)

uh ?

What would be the standard for such a template?

Of course I haven't got the answer 'cause I think that contest thing
to be a false good idea. Besides, I'm not part of the people proposing
the contest, am I?

Yes, but as you know in French, "criticism is easy, action is more difficult". So I would have guessed you would have come up with an actual proposal. Or maybe it was just a warning that you think that it might lead to problems ?

We all come from
different origins so we will all face the same issues and these can
be adapted by users or by native lang projects to match their own
standard. Let us not create difficulties.

Launching the contest *is* creating difficulties.

Not doing anything is better?

Let this be a joyful moment
for community participation!

Leading where? (asking is answering)

You choose:

- To an awful and dark place where templates do not match the various national standards of letters. To a bleak future, where entire information systems will explode when dozens of millions of people will open LibreOffice daily and will shout in horror at the mere sight of non-standardized templates. Outside, in the scarlet light of our dying sun, tumbleweeds of shrubs, dust, and paper sheets roll around deserted streets. Doom has come upon humanity

- To an opportunity to attract designers and people who may have never found a way to contribute to LibreOffice; besides the t-shirt, all of these would have their own creations distributed inside a software distributed worldwide. In the mean time, we, the LibreOffice project, take advantage of this much needed and new material to improve our software and the user experience. National and local customizations are welcome if there's a compliance issue within document templated.

More seriously: Asking is not always answering. We are a community; and as a community in a Free Software project we can change or customize the outcome of our productions (code, templates, content). If you are so concerned about this i18n probem, then perhaps you could propose and even organize a contest for the fr project?

Anyway, I'll stop ranting as this is not appreciated 'round here ;-)

What is not appreciated is lack of enthusiasm and constant downing that is usually found on the fr mailing list; what is appreciated and respected are opinions, whatever they might be, and contributions.

Best,

Charles.

All the best,
--