Hi all,

It seems likely that there will likely be another SpinachCon
user-testing event in Boston around the time of LibrePlanet (~ March
20, 2015). I think we got a lot of useful feedback last year, and I'm
definitely looking forward to learning more about LibreOffice this
year.

Last year was the first time that we ran the event, and we had at
least a dozen testers show up. I think that we'll see an even bigger
turnout this year.

There will undoubtedly be a bunch of changes in LibreOffice between
now and March, but it's never too soon to start making suggestions
about what we should test at the event. If you'd like to add some
ideas, please head over to the wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2015/SpinachCon#Potential_Test_Tasks...

Based on my experience last year, things can get a bit hectic, so my
goal is to end up with a self-guided testing plan that users can
easily follow (even if the tests themselves might be challenging at
times!). Last year we asked questions such as "What do you expect to
happen when you click the 'extensions' button?" and "What is
conditional formatting in Calc?". I think we can build upon questions
such as those and give users more flexibility and variety in the tests
that they run.

With that in mind, I'd love to have help in early March assembling the
proposed tests into a well-documented plan. I'm not sure how much time
we'll have with each user, so we'll want to structure our tests so
that a user can stop after approximately 5 min, 10min, or 15 min.

We rarely get a chance to run user tests, so let's make the most of
this great opportunity and get some valuable feedback for LibreOffice!

Thanks for your help,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon