I definitely agree.
However, the problem is that we don't have a developer to work on this.
We've been trying to get custom colors for ages.
If you know a dev that would be interested, let me know. :)

Hello

There was a lengthy discussion on users@global.libreoffice.org about
Writer and its color selector.

Have a look at this image at the URL below.

https://db.tt/pLDjVXJW

See Subject "Re: [libreoffice-users] getting larger set of colors that the
standard that comes with LO" on users@global.libreoffice.org

It was suggested I forward my comments to you.

 Is it me or does this, as an interface, look like it's getting out of
control.

Might I suggest it is time to allow
1) A default 4 rows of 8, a 32 basic color set.
2) Above that, rows of 8 of "Last Colors Used".  "Last Colors Used"
should be selectable in 'Defaults' to the multiples of 8 up to a maximum of
32 (or some number).
3) At the bottom a click to see "More Colors..." and borrow the 'Color
Picker' from LibreOffice Draw.
         (Side Comment: still don't know why "Color Picker" isn't
universally default with last used colors below in LibreOffice)

Tracking 32 colors for me is well into the "I'm getting lost" realm in a
layout. I respectfully ask Kracked_P_P for input on this.

I think this might keep down the amount of load time involved.

The question of weather remembered "Last Colors Used" is universal or
document only is interesting?
 Also, how it should be organized, by creation sequence or hue or
saturation?

Is a good idea?

I hope this helps.

Thanks