How does one know which Icons are missing / not implemented yet? /Oskar

2013/6/30 Mirek M. <mazelm@gmail.com>

Hi Peter and welcome to the team :) ,

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM, PACraddock <peter@arpia.be> wrote:

Dear design team members,

I gather from the various posts in the mailing list that there is some
discussion regarding the challenges of creating a new UI and so on.
However,
I'm not entirely clear on what is currently being worked on and what is
merely in the planning stage.
As design (mostly web) is a hobby of mine, I thought I'd check on how I
can
get involved. You can view some examples of my 'design work' on my
website,
www.arpia.be - let me know whether/how I can contribute (while I like to
code, I have never tackled C++, Java or Python, so I'd likely be limited
pure design and not actual implementation).

We're a volunteer-run team, so if there's something you'd really like to
work on, don't hesitate and post about it.

If you need ideas on what to work on:
* You could take care of the project to produce a refreshed version of the
default icon set. The person who was working on this left. The project is
on https://github.com/libodesign/tango-testing . I was thinking the first
step could be finishing up the shape icons, as those are relatively simple
to make. If you'd like to work on this, write back and I'll give you the
details and add you to the repository.
* You could make a whiteboard for Writer-only options similar to our Global
options one [1]. This task involves simply listing the options and what
they do -- basically a copy and paste job from the online help pages [2].
We'll use it to determine which options are needed and which are not, and
after we analyze all the options, we'll work on redesigning the Options
dialog.
* You can add a proposal to one of the whiteboards under "Call for
proposals" at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards. We
then look at all the proposals and talk about what would work best.

Any progress is appreciated, you don't have to do the whole thing, we're
willing to help. :)

If you decide you want to take a look at the code, check out Easy Hacks:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks

I also saw you hold IRC meetings, so I'm subscribing to the mailing list
see when the next one is planned.

We hold one weekly. See
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Meetingsfor details.

If the time doesn't suit you, we can discuss moving it to another time.

All the best,

Peter

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Analyses/Global_Options
[2] In this case