Le 05/04/13 02:39 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster a écrit :

It was suggested that I post this updated Green "Community" Logo
version, of the brochure, to the design list.  Someone suggested to me
that things were getting lost in the discussions going on, both online
and offline.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Brochure-lo-4-letter-size--v8-green-logo--no-tdf.odt

Thanks Tim. Maybe next time we could include some "Lorem Ipsum" text instead! :-) But, seriously, the text in this example still needs to be corrected and is in need of some changes. So please do not look at the text, but let's work on the template design. But please do not use the pamphlet as is, we will be putting the text through a final proofing on the marketing list!!!

Just to put this more into context and to put all of the suggested pamphlet template files on one thread --

Tim has test-tried the other community pamphlet templates suggested in our other threads and has found that, except for the "ink-saver" pamphlet[1], where there were not problems, the other two that I had suggested[2][3] presented problems with ink-bleed-through the page, more expensive, and showed shadows of the other side of the page due to the amount of black background used in the templates. I have also tried them, but have only laser printers and could not try ink-jet. My laser prints were not bad, but I can well imagine that the results would be quite different on ink-jet printers which are more in use than lasers.

So, OK, let's totally eliminate my two proposals. The ink-saver pamphlet, while it does work, is IMO, not that appealing. I am not sure if we would be defeating the purpose of a pamphlet if the first impression we leave is that the pamphlet is in need of "beautifying". From a marketing point of view this would not be our objective, we want the reader to concentrate on the pamphlet's text.

Tim is now suggesting that we go back to our original community pamphlet template which works[4], and is not hard on ink, the bleed-through is not a consideration.

I have changed my view on this and will agree with Tim, that we should keep to the proven community template, with the community logo. This will be easier on printing costs for our members/groups who wish to print off some pamphlets, while allowing for the offset printing of our official pamphlets.

Comments?

Cheers,

Marc

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Brochure-lo-4---A4-paper-size--v4--websitelike.odt [2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeVersion4BrochureA4WebsitelikeCommunityNoSublineAllHalfCircle.odt [3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeVersion4BrochureA4WebsitelikeCommunityNoSublineAllHalfCirclePanel1LOLogo.odt [4] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Brochure-lo-4---A4-paper-size--v4--websitelike.odt

--
Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com