Le 14/03/13 12:41 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster a écrit :

It was suggested that I ask the Design Team for a look at the current
working brochure for a possible branding issue and maybe approval for
use of the full LO logo.

I was informed that it was summited to the BoD for possible wording
changes, etc., but it has been worked on enough for need to get the
"branding issues" taken care of.  Some spacing/table format modification
will be worked on, along with and text modification that may be needed.
But, the essentials are there.

The "logo" image I used was a modified version of what is now seen on
the opening page.  I had to piece it together from the parts.

The Letter and A4 paper size versions are here.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Flyers

1]
LibreOffice 4.0 brochure using the half-circle logo design, Tri-fold,
letter size paper, uses "inch" and "cm" measurments for the max. page
size in Draw. User:Krackedpress, ODT format - Version 8 - left justified

2]
LibreOffice 4.0 brochure using the half-circle logo design, Tri-fold, A4
size paper, uses "inch" and "cm" measurments for the max. page size in
Draw. User:Krackedpress, ODT format - Version 4 - left justified

While its great that there is now a discussion about re-updating the website, it does not address Tim's request to look at the pamphlet.

We have gone beyond the point of deciding whether the half-circle of OK or not. The docs team has adopted it into their published LibreOffice4 user guides designs[1]. IMO, we should try to follow suit with comparable pamphlets which will also help promote our printed guides.

I actually like the half-circle design, it is distinct and easily identifies our newest version of LibreOffice4. Prior to this we were using our distinct "motif".

I would like to see some kind of branding element that ties all of these together rather than having all disjointed materials that make us look like we are not cooperating at all between groups.

So, as sad as I think that consultation could have been better all round, IMO, the half-circle design should stay for LibreOffice v.4.0 and we could all start working towards a more concerted effort of branding the next LibreOffice v.5.0 banner.

Could we take another look at the pamphlet with the idea of keeping the half-circle design and comment on it? Once we have tweaked the design, the marketing team can get going on creating other pamphlets with more specific content for different uses (i.e. community growth, conference pamphlets, educational pamphlets etc.). We are in dire need of more marketing materials and the marketing team is eager to get going on this.

BTW ... the German team is also using the half-circle design for their version of their Base handbook[2].

Cheers,

Marc

[1] http://www.lulu.com/shop/libreoffice-documentation-team/libreoffice-40-getting-started-guide/paperback/product-20725693.html

[2] http://www.lulu.com/shop/libreoffice-documentation-team/base-handbuch/paperback/product-20840097.html