Hi Andrej,
I'm writing to you on behalf of the LibreOffice design team.
I've contacted your mentor about working together on a design for your GSoC
project in the assumption that the mentor was the go-to person for the
project, but now I've learned that that's not really the case, so I'm
belatedly contacting you (sorry).

Would you be interested in working with us?

If so, we already have a whiteboard dedicated to the topic:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Impress_remote .
Please take a look at the scope and change it if it needs to be changed --
the scope gives direction to the overall design; it's imperative that the
designers know the restrictions beforehand.

Right now we're brainstorming designs, then we're going to look at the
different problems revealed during the brainstorming process, then we're
going to try to agree on a solution to each problem. You will have the
final say on each problem, of course. Based on these solutions, we will
start crafting a tentative design. We'll need some input from you in this
phase, unless you decide to trust us with the final design.
For a more in-depth explanation of our design process, see
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/IdeaWorkflow.

I look forward to hearing from you.