Hello,

"[13:08] <alexanderW> Should that popover only be used for colors or also
pictures and patterns?"
The scope asks for gradients and patterns.
I understood it as "shape fill", in which case image fill is also relevant.

ok I can see the patterns, we will need to make some. but what about the
picture or the fourth square, what does it do?

"[13:15] <Android272> with the gradients, they would be horrible with small
text."
Gradient fill, pattern fill, and image fill should only show up for certain
objects. Not text.

I think that a gradient could be cool with larger text. but Like I said
with small text it would not be all that useful.

"[13:26] <alexanderW> - recent and document colors are shown below the
selected palette"
I disagree with showing document colors below the palette. A Draw drawing
is likely to use a multitude of colors, and it would be painful for the
user if he had to look through the document colors using left and right
arrows within a small section below the palette.
I would prefer to keep document colors as a section within the dropdown.

I see what you are saying about the drawing app, this would apply for
impress as well.  I just don't like it being under the drop down. But the
point of having the document colors is for quick access to the colors you
have already used, and if its always showing then selecting them would be
even faster.

I do not really see why we have the drawing app, but I think if we are
going to put a color picker in the drawing app it should be like other
drawing apps. this will be weird not to have the color picker be the
same accost the board. But I think it would be better to have the drawing
app be the same with other drawing apps such as GIMP or Inkscape. besides
with the drawing app you would have a color picking tool(I do not know if
we have this tool I do not use the app) like in gimp.

"[13:26] <alexanderW> - custom colors would either be shown like recent and
document colors or as a seperate palette"
What do you mean by custom colors?
Do you mean user-defined colors that apply only to the document? If that's
the case, then there's no need to have a separate section for these -- all
of them should be covered by the "Document colors" section.
Or do you mean user-defined colors that are meant to be preserved within
LibreOffice? In that case, the user should create their own palette instead
and add their own colors. Or they could modify a current palette.

agreed

"[13:29] <astron5> one of the things that i think i as a user would be
uncomfortable with is that everything is in a hover window though..."
I understand. The idea was that the pop-over would resume state when
reopened.
If you think it will be an issue, though, the dropdown menu could house a
"Manage palettes..." item that would launch a dialog. This should be a
modal dialog -- managing palettes is a workflow separate from working on
the document.

the color section in the options do need to be redone. are you thinking
about opening directly to this section, or that section in its own window?