Stefan,
Where will this Hackfest be and when?

~ Maggie

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Stefan Knorr (Astron) <
heinzlesspam@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I am quite excited to share with you the following from Michael Meeks:

       I'd love to get more of the design team's ideas turned into easy
hacks
- which (I think) would prolly be the best outcome of a hack-fest -
getting developers to sit down and read around code in given areas. I
think if we match the designers with developers 1-to-1, we could get
some exciting things going there :-)

Some of you might know that TDF recently organised a Hackfest [1] in
Hamburg [2]...
So, Michael Meeks is proposing is that the next Hackfest could be more
design-themed. I know, I would love to see that and be there. However,
are there other people that would be interested in going to such an
event? [3] The prospective location would be South Tyrol (Italy), I
can't say anything about the date yet.

I think it would be a great occasion also discuss the viability of
some ideas floating around here with developers (and maybe have
implementations at the end). Additionally, it would be great to be
able to work on the HIG... Of course, we would also meet in person
which perhaps is the best part of such events.

Astron.

[1] That is: friendly people hacking together/discussing things – plenty
of fun.
[2] I was there, it was great, but see for yourself: some pictures and
blog post should still be on our planet:
http://www.planet.documentfoundation.org
[3] It would most likely happen on a weekend, it will probably be
possible to get reimbursed for travel costs.