Hello

I use it sometimes, it's useful when you are translating or creating a
document in multiple languages (like instruction manuals) it sets the
auto-correct to the language you are currently using, which is useful.
It might not be used by most users who just have it in the language
they always use, i guess you could also hide it, but i think the status
bar would look a bit empty without it.

I think that its too cluttered with things that are do not need to be
there. not sure what the document signature is. document notification
should be shown in the title of the document with an " * ".

I just played with the insertion mode and selection mode. I now understand
what insertion its referring to. you know the mode that replaces the text
in front of the insertion point (the blinking line behind the text). If you
click on this it will change. does anyone even use this mode any more.

if you click on the selection mode it changes... well the selection mode.
STD is standard mode. EXT seems to make it so that you can not select text,
which I do not know why anyone would want to not be able to select text.
ADD will allow you to select another section of text, just like holding
control and selecting more text. and then BLK selects a block of text...
how is that useful. fill your screen with text, change the selection mode
(the one that is set to STD) and click drag something in the middle of the
screen. can anyone tell me where this would be useful.

and finally page view should be under the view menu.

cheers,
Andrew