Hi Guys,

if i may barge in and put my 2 cents, working in an environment surrounded by simple users the
floppy icon is well known as the save button, but for me its iconic to say from where it all began
to today evolution of memory, and to play even more safe the gnome one is even more fantastic but i
would ad folder in the draw as if you are saving more records...

which brought me back to my schooldays and breaking into my headmasters office to have an idea of
the upcoming exams questions and answers from his file cabinet...
(i sure that brings back memories for most.)

also the floppy is somewhat and international standard, its already hard to push for simple users
to switch with their fears of understanding "change" but it is better to make even more "familiar"
for them.

so my vote is no to the change of the icon.

--

Warren Camilleri

Founding Father
Mobile: +356 7991 2004
Skype: ossmalta | Twitter: warren_oss
Also a member of MLUG, The Document Foundation, Ubuntu Malta