On Thursday 19 Jan 2012 00:22:11 Christophe Strobbe wrote:
At 03:47 18-1-2012, Andrew Pullins wrote:
Im for the one button being a drop down, iv been wanting this to be one
button for some time. to me the slider/button with a slider drop down
sounds like a bad idea.

My main concern is whether new UI widgets are keyboard accessible and
screen reader accessible. A slider is a bit more complex for a screen
reader user.

A more general question raised by all those toolbar buttons: how can
we modify the UI to encourage the correct use of styles (as opposed
to direct ad-hoc styling)? Does anybody have ideas about that?

Stop people from using MSO first   :)

Take styles out of the tool bar or replace it with an indicator ie It shows
the styles in the present context but clicking on it opens the stylist pane
rather than allowing styles to be applied from the dropdown.

Have the stylist pane docked by default  on the right for left to right text
flow.  Left dock is too intrusive for normal work flow. Symphony does this
rather well.

Do away with "Default" template and have multiple available templates at
install.  First run then would have a "choose your normal template" dialog
something like the "Master Pages" dialog in Impress but  with an obvious
"create your own" option.  That would show off basic document elements such as
Title, Heading, sub head, text body, para indents, font faces, list styles and
page styles and maybe headers and footers.

Install a large wet rubber glove that jumps out of the screen and slaps them
when they try to format on the fly.

OK trying to code the last one might be a bit of a challenge, but it is
something that would be an excellent behaviour modification tool.  ;)

Cheers
GL

Best regards,

Christophe

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Bhaavan Merchant <

bhaavanmerchant@gmail.com> wrote:
So far, in LibreOffice, there are three buttons for line spacing. These
are 1, 1.5, and 2.0 . However, I feel that since these are all
performing similar task, and will never be used simultaneously, they
need to be changed from their button form. Alternatives are, something
like a drop down menu (like the one for font size), two-buttoned
approach (Increase linespacing and decrease linespacing) or a slider
bar which you can adjust to change the line spacing value.

In my opinion, the slider menu will be most ideal.

However, looking at the negatives, a slider menu occupies more space
than buttons. For this, we could instead have a line spacing button,
and on click, it reveals a vertical slider which can then be adjusted
to set the linespacing.