Hi Nik,

before you'll never get a reply from my side ... :-)

Am Dienstag, den 25.10.2011, 14:52 +1100 schrieb Nik:
Hi Christoph, Klaus-jürgen, All,

Thank you both for your input, you thought of a number of things I
didn't. I'm going to try condense your questions and provide short(ish)

Cool, thanks!

*Klaus-jürgen mentioned;*
1. Who will determine the priorities?  I think mostly our lead(s).
2. Who will determine where to put an item (active - on-hold)?
3. As I understand your proposal, the items will be more different than
the work-item-list [1]. Will you/we make a list to collect the different
items before 1st of november?
4. The status "On hold" won't be necessary because then it will be in
the "ON-HOLD" list
5. The status "Being finalised" won't be necessary because then it will
be in the "completed archive" list or you must have a coloumn "Status"
in this list, too.
6. What is the difference between "In proposal" an "In progress"? Maybe
this should be described.
7. What will happen, if someone tells that he wants to work on a
"ON-HOLD" item, but the list of active items is 'full' and the others
don't think it is extremly neceassary to work on it? We won't prevent
him to work on it. Example: Aleksander made some (great) design
proposals "out of time".
8. Maybe this example can be a extra list: "GENERAL items" with no
priority.
9. I'm not sure if we shouldn't colour the "On-HOLD" list, too

*My suggestions regarding these very pertinent questions;*
1. When added, the member adding should assign a priority of discussed
on this mailing list and then put there initials in brackets alongside
the number, eg: 3(NS). The Team leads will review this priority when
they get a chance and their reviewed ranking shoulod just be accepted to
keep things going. SC members who frequent this list (Charles, Italo)
would also be able to review priorities. Our Mailing list should not
become endless discussions and contradictions of our priorities, that is
why we appointed Team Leads.

Fine.

2. Same as above, with every person making a decision adding their
initials alongside.

Fine as well.

3. That is a good point I hadn't considered. Can someone help me
establish the current status and contacts for each of the existing
tasks. (just add it to the bottom of the current wiki task list page to
avoid complicating this thread).

I can help you, but I'm offline from tomorrow/Saturday until Wednesday.

4. Good point. But I kept the "on-hold" status to make it easier to
cut-and-paste a record easily between the ACTIVE tasks and the ON-HOLD
tasks. Ths way less editing is required.

Sure. From experience I'd say these are small things that can be tweaked
afterwards ... I've refined the Agenda and Minutes for the OOo Community
Council several times - so no worries.

5. I think we need a "Being finalised" to indicate work is complete on
the task, but we need to wrap things up (like providing a graphic in
another format, or waiting on word from the printers etc). It will also
give us a final "push" to finish the job.

Fine, although this might be optional ... if we start to have such a
fine grained tracking, a percentage value might be more helpful
(although project management experience tells us that 80% of the time
tasks reside between 95 ... 99%) ;-)

Thinking of that, I suggest to have a "last update" information. That
really helps to find orphans / clean up stuff that lies there for too
long. Having that in a separate columns makes this even sortable.

6. In proposal means that requirements for the task are still being
established, while a task In-progress already has requirements defined
and is currently being worked on or available to be worked on.

Mmh ... I think we should simply say that its in progress. Although I
love processes (and thus the separation of requirements collection vs.
solution creation), I think such fine grained status might be added to
the proposal itself (if required).

7. Being realistic I think we all know we can't "force" everyone to play
the same game. We shouldn't. When additonal "out of time" contributions
are made, we should accept them and move on to what is required. The
task list on the Work-items page should be to provide focus for the
regular contributors to this team. It should give direction and make the
"endorsed" work items clear to anyone wanting to help in our everyday
operations. Right now, that is not so clear.

Okay, the "should provide focus (=guidance) for the regular contributor"
is okay to me.

8. If we define such a generic list, I'm afraid everything will be
stored there, we will relax our focus on delivering results. We should
instead be more rigid: A task is either a) being worked on b)suspended
due to external influences or c)complete. No lee-way.

Sounds fun ;-)

Just a question - what about new items that don't need to be active,
where do these get added. To the On-Hold list, status "in proposal"?
(Sorry if I missed that ...)

9. I'm not opposed to that, but I'd prefer if the only colours on the
page were alongside things that can be worked on.

And Christoph I'm going to snip alot of your Email to so I can keep my