(comments in-line)

2011/10/15 satchitb <satchitb@gmail.com>
<snip>

3. Paste Special must go. Regular Paste works with plain and rich text,
images and all other types. If not, it should.

Paste special is used when you copy rich text format and want to paste
unformatted text to avoid formatting problems, for example (typically when
copying from a web page), or when you copy an object and want to paste a
picture of this object instead. I use Ctrl-Shift-V, but menu oriented people
will need that entry

4. AutoText should be moved to either AutoCorrect Options under Tools, or
Fields under Inset.

Even is sometimes the results are similar, AutoText is a completely
different beast, not related with autocorrect nor fields: autotext inserts
"blocks of document", autocorrect change small pieces of text and fields
insert automated "live" content.

<snip>

D. Insert:
1. Section should be removed. Manual editing with Headings works fine to
delineate sections.

Headings has nothing to do with "sections": section can be used, for
example, to have on the same page text without columns and text with
columns: typical format for scientific papers. As a matter of fact I'll
eliminate the "Insert columns" entry instead, because its results can be
quite confusing (to change the page style or to introduce a section,
depending on the situation) if the user do not know what Writer is doing...
and most users do not know what Writer is doing.

3. Consider Cross-References into Index.

Why?
 <snip>

10. The option File should be removed. I do not believe any users attach
files which are not covered in Picture, Sound and Video, etc to documents.

As a matter of fact, it is quite useful when you want to add some text
created on a different document and you do not want to use master documents
just to merge two files.

<snip>

G. Tools:
1. Consider bundling Outline Numbering and Line Numbering with Bullets and
Numbering under Format.

All three are completely different, even if they *seem* similar. I'm afraid
that the only way to make this more clear is to completely redesign the
whole thing from scratch...

LibreOffice Writer, while being the most feature-rich word processor on
Linux, is also often slow and accused of being disorganised and inelegant.
Even keeping to the existing look, a lot can be done to streamline its
menus
and functions.

Changing defaults! :)
Cheers