HI Charles, Marc, all,

On 5/28/2011 5:10 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

--- snip 8<---
Hi Nik, Charles et al

Actually, I went to our conference website[1] and there is a link to La Cantine's blog where there are many photos. Maybe Nik could browse the photos and see if any will suit.[2] I also like the floor plan of on this page[3] We have enough time to check with the La Cantine people to see if the photos on their website are available through a generous licence.

There is also the Wikimedia Commons where you can check out more photos.[4]

Cheers

Marc

[1] http://www.LibOCon.com
[2] http://lacantine.org/
[3] http://lacantine.org/blog/menu-de-la-cantine-photos-documents
[4] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I readied another wallpaper before I had a chance to read this thread, which I uploaded here;
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Wallpapers#LibreOffice_Wallpapers

It's based on a attribution-licensed photo of the Eiffel tower which can be found here;
http://i.images.cdn.fotopedia.com/flickr-3878611189-hd/Paris/Main_sights/List_of_tourist_attractions_in_Paris-hd-3.jpg
(hence the attribution text at the bottom of the image).

I'm not entirely sold on how the scatter triangles suit this composition, but my girlfriend seems to like it (could be because she's an architect and likes the trusses) =)

I'll try using the photos from La Cantine in the coming days.
Thanks for the links Marc!

-Nik