On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 00:48 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-05-16 16:24, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
Hi Jean, *

Jean Hollis Weber schrieb:
Thanks, Bernhard, for moving this request to the proper list.

What is the Motif you mention? I am not familiar with this term.

It's a graphical element we want to be used in LibreOffice branding:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Motif

It can be used in parts or as a whole and fits quite well with other
design ideas - keeping the general "language" of our branding.

There are already some use cases on our "Existing designs" page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Existing_Designs#Distribution

Even if we need to define better what should be an official design (and
I'd like to see the LibO documentation be part of this), you might get
an impression what is possible with the motif.

Best regards

Bernhard

IMO, we should consider the motif a very important part of our branding
tools giving it as much importance as the LibreOffice icon. We could
perhaps give guidelines as to white space suggested around the scatter
so that we are all using it with a certain amount of consistency.

+1
I would certainly appreciate some guidance on this. Would also be nice
for some graphic artist to design a book cover for the user guides. My
own efforts are typically a bit... amateurish. Although I'm sure people
don't buy the books for their cover, a more professional look certainly
wouldn't hurt.

--Jean