On Mon, 09 May 2011 20:16:10 -0700, Jim Fuqua <jimfuqua@comcast.net> wrote:

Have you ever tried to copy and paste fifty pages out of a hundred page document? It was easy to do in WordStar but difficult with all of the scrolling in current era programs. WordStar had a simple command to mark a starting spot for selection and another command to mark the ending spot for a selection. Perhaps there is an easy way in LibreOffice. If so please let me know.

Try placing the cursor in the start of the text block you want to copy,
scroll down to the end of the block, shift+click on the last character.
Adjust with shift+arrows.