Hi Helio, all,

at the moment with poor Internet connection - so I can't reply as verbose as I use to ;-)

Helio S. Ferreira schrieb:
Hi Daniel, all.

I'm proposing an alternative to the Community Venezuela logo.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_01.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_02.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_03.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_04.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582639/logo_libre_venezuela_05.png

I like the idea of integrating the LibreOffice logo in a larger community logo for different official teams.

What I think is still lacking:

A reply by the SC on Daniel's request on the SC-discuss list:
<http://go.mail-archive.com/qIpxGmTkV1eCZS-dfUWGwCnBUD0=>

If he would ask for a local marketing logo, I would not object at all.

But starting a local group including activities that have always been covered by *language* and are not necessarily bound to national borders is quite the opposite to what the OOo community tried to achieve.

There are very important political issues we avoided in the past by concentrating on languages. Macedonia and China are just two points to mention.

If the community doesn't decide differently, I would strongly suggest not to integrate country flags in any official LibreOffice logo.

If you could explain me and the SC why it is so important not to use a logo for an officially supported language team like the ES LibreOffice team, I could change my mind of course...

Best regards

Bernhard