Hi Scott,

you get a "phew" from my side ;-)

Am Freitag, den 29.04.2011, 13:18 -0600 schrieb Scott Pledger:
The more I look at the source code for vcl, the more I am beginning to
dislike it.... And I'm looking at some of the other XML-based UI languages
available and none of them really seem adequate to describe any kind of a
major UI overhaul that would keep LibreOffice up to date with other office
suites....

Personally, I don't know how much changes we'll need to really need to
get some initial improvements ... und (finally) be up-to-date.

So here's just a general idea I've had on XML layouts for quite a while -
let me know what you think!

[...]

and in the compiled code, one might see:
Dialog promptdialog = new Dialog("promptdialog.xml");
((ButtonWidget) promptdialog.getById("okbutton")).onClick() = new
function(){
/** Handle clicks here **/
};

You clearly outperformed me in terms of code understanding ... ;-)
Although I wrote simple code snippets ages ago, I'm not able to
understand whether this will work for us. Here I think, it would be
better to address the developers. Or, we may sketch some improved UI and
then we can look at it to say "will work", or "needs improvement". But
that's only me ... maybe the others can have a look at it.

and that would basically be it.  Any thoughts?

My current thought is, that it's great to have someone who better
understands the rationale for this/that in the code - that always helps
to build bridges between the teams. That's indeed cool!

Yours Truly,
Scott R. Pledger

Cheers,
Christoph