Þann sun 27.mar 2011 22:34, skrifaði Bernhard Dippold:
Hi Nik, all,

Nik schrieb:
Resending (below), original didn't get through
-Nik

-------------
I've updated the download section of the Motif page
(http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Motif).

So the story seems to be this;
- Inkscape users aren't encountering any problem with the
alpha in the
SVG file (as demonstrated by Hillar, Rob and Sveinn)

This might be true, if you didn't add an opacity gradient to
the triangles.

If the plain opacity corresponds with the alpha values you
added to the triangles (and it doesn't seem so when I look
at your bitmap), I don't think there will be an issue.

I compared the bitmap you uploaded to the wiki with Sveinn's
svg:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:MotivScatter_comparison.png

There are small differences in opacity and color, but they
seem to be neglectable in my eyes.

The difference is even less disturbing on my Mint10 system (standard sRGB colorspace for the monitor); EyeOfGnome viewer versus Inkscape can be seen here: Small file <http://www.nett.is/~sveinki/libreoffice/ScatterComparation-Mint10-800px.png> and full screenshot
<http://www.nett.is/~sveinki/libreoffice/ScatterComparation-Mint10.png>

Used the Gimp color picker to compare two spots from the screenshot (maybe 1-2 pixels off) and the difference was quite subtle.
EOG: RGB 189,217,128 --> Inkscape: RGB 186,215,120
This should be interpreted as an indication - not big science ;-)

Best regards

Sveinn í Felli

There might be an issue when the file is exported from
Inkscape to EPS - don't know if opacity is recalculated or
just exported to flat colors.

But for the moment we might stay with the files we have.

Best regards

Bernhard