Hello again Jaron!

On 13-02-2011 16:34, Jaron Kuppers wrote:
Hi Paulo,

Unfortunately, Impress is horribly buggy and not very intuitive sometimes.
The program could use a complete overhaul, and the ODF (.odp) presentation
format could use a serious update in order for LibO presentations to compare
to MS Powerpoint or Keynote presentations.  Some of your errors I haven't
experienced but I have experienced other problems of my own.
It's sad to see that, since all the bug I've experiencing I already knew from years ago. But I believe that with LlibreOffice development, best times finally will come!

In theory, if you change text in the master slide (ex: you change the font
in Level 2 outline text) it should also change the "Outline 2" text style.
Additionally, changing an outline style (ex: the font change to Level 2)
will change all the higher level outline styles (3-9 will also have a font
change) since the styles are linked.
About the the hierarchical changes: Never mind! :O By the way, a very useful feature!

You can create guidelines and create a grid for the document. View>Grid
Show, View>Guides>"Display Guides" and View>Guides>"Snap to Guides" need to
all be selected and for some reason are not by default (which I think should
change).
Thank you! I initially saw the Guides menu, but after a moment I can't find it again... I thought I was crazy... :P

To change the grid resolution (which is set to 0.5" by default) go to
LibreOffice>Preferences>Impress>Grid.  Unfortunately, this change won't be
saved to the template.
Never mind too. Thanks!

Fields are extremely limited in Impress.  Only the default fields will be
accessible for the general user. :-(
This means there are a lot of cool features we could add to Impress
Templates that won't be accessible.
Yeah, I was thinking about all those possibilities using fields! :/

You can't... sort of... The Insert>Summary Slide function creates a slide
with a content box filled with the titles of each slide.  It does not,
however, update itself automatically.  Additionally, it only adds Titles
from the selected slide onward (so if you are on slide 7 or 9 slides and
click create summary slide it will only create a summary that includes the
titles of slides 7, 8 and 9).
Essentially this function is useless for templates and inaccessible to most
users since the command follows no common sense.
The Summary Slide function is disabled in every case I try (also the Expand Slide function). Selecting slides, salving the presentation and or put footnotes in the slides have no influence on it... the menu still is disabled.

Weird... Could you send the file to me directly. I will look at it and see
if I can figure out why its doing this.
I'm thankful, but for now I can't reproduce these bugs correctly (!?). They are a bit random, but I'll try.

Agreed! There are a lot of annoying bugs! I will try and make a list as I
make templates but to be honest there are so many I currently find the task
of recording the error, and creating a bug report for each very scary.
Many time ago when I started to use OpenOffice.Org I passed by many annoying bugs like these. So I searched in the web for any solution or even create a new bug report. But it seems that developers didn't anything to solve them along the years, so I found many old bug reports with the exactly same bugs. I hope now the things will get changed! :)

~Paulo
--
Paulo José O. Amaro
Computer Science Student