Hi LibreOffice Design Team,

    We are a group of four Software Engineering undergraduate students studying at the University
of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. As part of the curriculum, we are required to spend over a year on a
design project, which involves creating a new software system, or improving an existing one. We
have decided to put our skills in creating what we think would be an improved user interface for
the LibreOffice. Because this is an academic project, we will have to branch from the current code
repository.
    If you have any doubt or question regarding our project, please feel free to ask us or our
professor Paul A.S. Ward at pasward@ccng.uwaterloo.ca (his university personal page is
http://www.ccng.uwaterloo.ca/~pasward/).
    For academic purpose, we are seeking if it is possible for us to establish a regular contact
with one of you. It's required of us to receive regular feedback and guidance on our progress from
a considered expert in the field, and a formal developer would certainly qualify. We will bother
that person no more than once or twice a month with our progress. We may have to refer to the
person as our "client" or "customer", although absolutely no obligation is attached.
    We would like to thank you in advance for your consideration, and we look forward to hear back
from you.

Sincerely
Xi Cheng, George Li, Kevin Liu, Yu Liu