Hi Nik, all,

here my ideas:

Dr. Bernhard Dippold schrieb:
Hi Nik, all,

sorry for not replying earlier, but...

Nik wrote:
[...]

If we were feeling adventurous, I think small changes could really
improve the look of the current logo; (refer to R05)
*http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibOlogo_reconfigs03.jpg*
- Clip the L so it is cut by the same gap which slices the paper icon:
for continuation.

Good idea - even if I don't think we should do the same with the "b2"
as in R06.

I've already tried to reduce the distance between symbol and "L" even
more by extending the green corner to the "L" - not really a valid idea,
but you might get what I mean, when I'll upload the draft tomorrow
(today only mail access).

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibO_Logo_idea.png

Still with the darker grey, no consistency in borders, distance between
symbol and corner still to be improved and many other things...

I'd like to see the symbol as integrated part of the logo - and with less difference in height between symbol and text, allowing the text to be readable in smaller scales too.

I prefer b) very much over a), because the corner becomes too large and I like optical illusion (negative visualization of the upper part of the "L"), but I wanted to show you both.

Best regards

Bernhard