On 01/31/2011 02:47 PM, Mark Curtis wrote:
Make sure to put "free" or "open" or "libre" in every name because it's not like the users either
A) already know it's FOSS or B) don't care that it's FOSS.
Um...  I never said anything about adding those words...
Seriously though, could you maybe give an example of a direction to go? This just sounds like "this is
bad, read my mind to find out what I want"
Is it because Calc isn't a word, Impress is a verb (contrary to Writer's noun) and Base is too
vague?
I am not asking anyone to read my mind, I am asking if it would be feasible to change the names, and if so, what the community thinks we should change it to...

Base makes me thing of gaming :)
Personally I think half of the Microsoft Office names are terrible:
Excel? You're excelling at what, couldn't that be used as a name for any application?
Power Point? Is that some Microsoft Mouse software? What do Power or Point have to do with an
informative slideshow?
Some of them are terrible, but they are well know. We need names that are instantly remembered and preferably Googled later ;)