On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 00:41 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Drew, *

drew schrieb:
On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 23:12 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi all,

based on a SC decision to provide logos for external use without the
subline "The Document Foundation" I created a proposal:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Non-TDF_logos.png

One comment - request.

If there is to be a 'can't change' license then it would by very nice to
have one with only the word LibreOffice, particularly for the community
supporter logo as the addition of the application icon, IMO, adds to
much width to the overall look.

I think we'll allow usage of the word alone (as it is already mentioned
in the Branding Guidelines) and provide such logos too.

But I think we have to keep enough white space around the text to keep
it distinct from the surrounding.

Do you think this is enough?

IMO yes.

On white space generally- I've never had a problem with the white space
requirements, IMO often more then the required amount makes a better
overall look anyway. The only _problem_ I've had with the logo is due to
the width overall, and then only when forced into a small size overall.
That however is tough to avoid when the design is text based, and
dropping 'The Document Foundation' line goes a long way towards
mitigating that issue.

Thanks for putting this together,

Drew